A Character Quiz
- If you found a pocketbook with $1,000, would you give it to the owner if no one would ever know you found it?
- If you could advance yourself by unfair methods, would you do it if no one would ever find out you were unfair?
- If the bus driver failed to collect your fare, would you voluntarily pay it?
- If there were no locks on any house, store, or bank, would you take anything if no one would ever find out?
- If your business partner died, would you pay his relatives their fair share, if you did not have to pay them?
- If you are an employer trying to hire an efficient, honest and competent employee, would you hire yourself at your salary?
- If you are an employer, would you like to be working for yourself with the wages, hours, and working conditions you provide?
- If you are a parent, would you like to be the child of the parent just like you are?
- If you had your choice, would you like to live in a community with people working in church, civic and community affairs just like you do?
- If you had to live with someone just like you are for the rest of your life, would you look forward to it as a wonderful opportunity and privilege?
Herbert V. Prochnow. The Toastmaster’s Treasure Chest by Herbert V. Prochonow, 1979.